Last Modified: 10/1/2022
This Policy describes the type of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit www.shopassistanceleague.com (“Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you represent that you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as login credentials including password, your name, email address, or other personal information you may type into any free text field in your user profile or other fields of the Website (collectively, “personal information”).
- Associated with a transaction conducted on our website, such as credit card numbers and expiration dates (collectively, “billing information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you (for example, navigation information, content interactions, use of features such as searching for a product).
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Your password.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through an interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visit to our Website, including traffic data, location data, chat logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information generated while you are using this Website, including when, how often and under what circumstances you use this Website.
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected via this Website. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
When you submit billing information via this website, that information is protected by encryption software. The information provided by you shall be disclosed only to authorized individuals needing access to this information, such as third-party payment processors for the purpose of processing payments.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we endeavor to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of this Website, nor that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. We are not liable for the illegal acts of third parties.
Your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. When we transmit credit card information, it is always encrypted.
How Your Information is Used
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information. Except as otherwise disclosed at the point of collection, we do not trade, rent, sell, loan, lease, use for secondary or unrelated purposes and personal information we collect.
Your personal information collected pursuant to this policy may be used to:
- Process your purchases, transactions, donations and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- Fulfill orders placed by you through our Website, including facilitating shipping and delivery of products purchased by you.
- Provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and our Service.
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and our Service, databases and other technology assets.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How Third Parties May Use Your DataOur store is hosted by Aravenda.com (“Aravenda”). They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell to you. All data collected will be used in accordance with this Policy and the privacy policies of Aravenda and any third-party host or service provider as identified below. Please read these third-party privacy policies before using this Website.
Email: [email protected]
If you need to access this Policy in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact us at [email protected] or 818-846-3777
The national organization shall not copy, reproduce, publish, post, distribute or sell the name, personal contact information or amount of donation of donor to any individual or business without the explicit consent of the donor. Exceptions shall be those as required by law and may be made without prior knowledge or consent of the donor.
Publications, promotional items and publicity of the National Office, referred to in this document, shall include but not be limited to the following: NewsLink, annual report, website, brochure, fact sheet and video.
- When a chapter pays per capita dues, chapter members’ information is added to the membership database of the national organization which is located on the national organization’s website. Each chapter’s database is viewable by password access by designated chapter members and by designated members of the national organization who shall include: President, Treasurer, Vice President Marketing, Executive Director, Website Coordinator and members of the national office staff as well as employees of any firm engaged by the national organization to host the website. Each chapter’s database is not viewable by any other individuals or by members of any other chapter.
- The national organization may provide, without prior approval, the name and address of each chapter member to the businesses that publish and mail the NewsLink and any other official publications of the national organization pursuant to a written service agreement. Removal of a chapter member’s name from this mailing list shall be done, in writing, by contacting the National Director of Public Relations via [email or written letter to ADDRESS]. This request to remove from the mailing list shall be permanent, as to all publications described in the General Statements section above, until such time as the chapter member permits the mailing of publications to the address listed in the database.
Donations to the National Organization
Circle Fund Donations
Any individual, corporation or business may make a donation to Circle Fund. Upon receipt of the donation, the national organization shall send a letter to the donor that acknowledges the contribution and amount of the donation to Circle Fund. The name of the donor, category and amount of donation to Circle Fund (collectively, “Donor Information”) may be listed in documents viewed by members and nonmembers in such publications as are listed under the General Statements section above.
A donor to Circle Fund shall have the right to refuse the publishing of the donor’s name and/or amount of contribution. This shall be accomplished by one of the following ways:
- When filling out the Circle Fund form, the donor will be prompted to select his or her privacy preferences in one of the following ways:
- The national organization lists donor names and/or amounts in its publications such as the NewsLink, annual report, website, brochure, fact sheet and videos. Please give full or partial permission to include your donation in publications of the national organization by selecting below: (These publications may be viewed prior to completing this portion by contacting the national office.)
- _____ You may publish only my name.
- _____ You may publish my name and donation amount.
- _____ Do not publish any of my information as I wish the donation to be anonymous.
- The national organization may publish the names and/or amounts of a donation in such publications as the NewsLink, annual report, website, brochure, fact sheet and videos. If the donor does not wish to have the name and/or amount published, please check the corresponding box (provided on document). These publications may be viewed prior to completing this portion by contacting the national office. There shall be a place for the donor’s signature and date of signing on the Circle form.
- All donations shall be treated individually so that multiple donations from a single donor shall receive the same consideration as if each were the first donation received.
- The authorization to release or refuse the listing of the name and/or donation amount of the donor to Circle Fund shall be in place for the fiscal year in which the donation is received and shall remain in effect for any publications that list donors to Circle Fund for the fiscal year in which the donation is made. Any donation made to Circle Fund in subsequent fiscal years shall require a new permission form to be signed.
- Notwithstanding the above, certain people may require access to donor information for the purpose of [facilitating donations and managing the Organization]. These people shall include but are not limited to Members of the National Board, the Executive Director, the national organization’s staff, and national committee chairmen.
Other Donations to the National Organization
Any individual, corporation or business may make a contribution to the national organization. Donations may be monetary or in-kind. A donation to the national organization may be restricted or unrestricted. Any restrictions shall be in writing. All restricted donations shall be used solely for the intended purpose and no other.
A letter to the donor shall be sent from the national organization acknowledging the contribution, the amount of the donation and any restrictions on the donation.
All donations shall be treated individually so that multiple donations from a single donor shall receive the same consideration as if each were the first donation received.
The authorization to release or refuse the listing of the name and/or donation amount of the donor shall be in place for the fiscal year in which the donation is received. The donor may change the decision regarding the refusal to print the donor’s name and/or amount, but may not change the decision regarding publishing once the donor’s name and/or amount has been released.
Members of the National Board, the Executive Director, the national organization’s staff and national committee chairmen or committee members requiring access to the information may view the names of donors and the amounts of donations.
Rights of Donor Regarding Photographs
- At all times a chapter member in attendance at any event sponsored by the national organization, such as Leadership Conference, Convention, Assisteens® Assembly, chapter networking, committee meetings, chapter visits or any fundraiser agrees that the member’s name, chapter name and likeness may appear in the publications listed above in the General Statements section.
Record Keeping and Confidentiality
- All financial records are maintained by the national organization.
- Members of the National Board, the Executive Director and the national organization’s staff may view information concerning donations. These individuals shall not disseminate this information for any reason without the prior written consent of the donor. Access by other individuals is set forth in this policy.
- The national organization shall keep all donor information in a secure location at its national office or such secure locations outside of the national office as deemed necessary and appropriate.
If you need further assistance or have any questions, please contact Assistance League using the information below.
3100 West Burbank Blvd., Suite 100, Burbank, CA 91510
E-mail: [email protected]